Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Christmas in February ?

For Christmas this year Tom and I invited our parents to come and open their gifts with Hayden and Jack.  Tom and I were excited to see Hayden open up his gift, wondering how much he would understand this year. 

The day before Christmas Tom and I took the kids to Sharon and Warren's work at Maurice Electric. They had a co-worker dress up as Santa Clause and they gave all the kids presents. 

Photobucket

Of course the soonest Hayden saw Woowe he was attached to him like glue. Here they are standing in line waiting to see Santa Clause.


Photobucket



Photobucket

It was really hard getting both of the boys to look at the camera, but amazingly enough the photographer who was taking picture there did it. 


Photobucket

This is Christmas morning. Don't you just love Hayden's pajama's! Kim sent Hayden and Jack pajamas before christmas so that they could wear it christmas morning. I thought that was the best idea. 


Photobucket

I'm not sure what Hayden thought of the train. It wasn't until we opened up the boxes that he started to get excited. I think Hayden thought he was just getting a lot of colorful boxes. 



Photobucket

Thank you Keri for the all the turtle toys! Seriously, Hayden sleeps with the big stuffed turtle that you got him.


Photobucket

Hayden also received a big box full of clothes from Sha-Sha. It was hilarious because he immediately closed it back up and pushed it to the side. I thought it was interesting to see because it made me realize how much he really understood.


Photobucket

I only posted the grandfather's because I know that both my mom and Sharon would kill me if I posted any pictures of them with out their consent. And let's face it no one was ready for a camera to be all up on their face. Especially when all you were ready to do was eat breakfast, open up gifts and lounge around.


Photobucket

Hayden found my stocking stuffer from Sharon that was filled with all kinds of chocolaty goodness.


Photobucket

Here's Hayden on his Pow Pow Power Wheel. He only knew how to go straight. So Tom had to stand behind him and redirect him every time he was about to run into something. 


Photobucket

And here's the mess. Tom thought it would be comical to take a picture so that we could look back on this craziness one day. There's the turtle Keri got Hayden that he sleeps with. Do you see it? It has a cape on it's back with the letter "W".



Photobucket

This is no joke. I usually look like this through out the day. That is, holding Jack in one arm while trying to help Hayden. You can't see it but I'm feeding Hayden who is sitting outside the picture. 


Photobucket

For the rest of the day, we chilled out and tried to watch a 3-D movie. 


Photobucket

Hayden likes to randomly hold the controller . I wonder if he really thinks he's playing a game? After the movie Tom, the boys and I went upstairs and played Cranium with the Bealls.  It was a blast.


Photobucket

So christmas day seemed really long for us. It was filled with presents, family, fun and of course a ridiculous amount of free time.
Getting the boys ready for bed was really easy since we all stayed in our pajamas all day.  

4 comments:

Renata Janes said...

Hey! let me know if I completely mess up somewhere? I am famous for leaving out words.

Anonymous said...

AH!!!! The boys are too cute. You are an amazing photographer, Renata--the camera almost captures their utter adorableness.

Anonymous said...

THESE PICTURES ARE SO FREAKING GOOD. My favorite is Hayden on the power wheel with chocolate all over. :)

Anonymous said...

My favorite is the last one--with Hayden standing over Jack in the jumper-thingy. It looks like Hayden is trying to help his brother, which is so cute!

Back to the top